1. Job Summary:
The Mentor position is responsible for the delivery USAID Nawiri program activities in the assigned mentor location in line with USAID Nawiri overall goal of reducing persistent acute malnutrition by 2024. The holder of this position shall report to the assigned Field officer. He/she shall provide direct training, mentorship coaching and monitoring to 150 Households, 50 business groups and at least six savings groups in the assigned villages monthly. The mentor will collaborate with other community resource persons trained by USAID Nawiri including CHVs, male champions, Girl H mentors etc to deliver agreed interventions at household, group and community level. The position will be based at respective mentor locations/Villages in which the vacancy exist.
Find out more about BOMA by visiting their website
2. Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the adapted Rural Entrepreneur Access Project Nawiri Business groups by monitoring and providing mentorship to the participants.
• In a collaborative process with the community (Participatory Rural Appraisal) and working closely with the village councils, target and identify eligible program participants based on the standard criteria
• Facilitate routine household nutritional education and planning and roll out of case management for targeted households.
• Facilitate targeted households and group level dialogues and coaching on agreed knowledge, attitude and Practices including mindset change to accelerate impacts towards nutrition security
• Conduct regular data entry of business groups, saving groups and motorcycle log sheets using a mobile data collection platform
• Conduct nutrition integrated business skills training and savings skills training to participants within the REAP locations.
• Participate in data collection for participants during baseline, mid-line and end line surveys and any other data collection activities.
• Represent BOMA in the designated Ward, including being a representative at the local development committees.
• Draft reports on Business and Saving groups performance within the respective Wards/locations.
• Work with CHVs, village councils and village administrators to deliver nutrition outcomes in targeted villages and support community complains and feedback process
• Perform a minimum of agreed visits per week to the business and savings groups for which you are responsible and upload all data collected on daily basis.